Thursday, January 21, 2010

Even More Wall Street Humor - No Child Left Behind

Another Post Courtesy of the Wall Street Journal - I kid Rupert Murdoch a lot when we see each other at the Friar's Club but his rag does supply an endless assortment of crap for my blog.

The Wall Street Journal has a daily cartoon called Pepper and Salt that I really, really don't like. Apparently, rich Wall Street scumbags have their own unique form of humor that is not funny. Here's today's cartoon.






Education! Talk about shooting liberal fish in a barrel. The Draconian teacher's unions, wishy-washy "Lake Wobegon" school reform, hip hop in the classroom. Go ahead, you don't have to aim, just fire. What? Maybe you should aim a little. When you first read these cartoons you think, oh no, they're just like the cartoons in the New Yorker, I'm just too stupid to understand them. But after weeks of analysis, I've come to the conclusion that we're smart enough, they just suck, and they almost never have anything to do with business, or the right wing agenda of the Wall Street Journal.

There is an interesting thing about this cartoon. Matt Groening, creator of the Simpsons, drew it 20 years ago in his "School is Hell" series of comics. I know what you're thinking. Coincidence. If you draw cartoons, you would remember it. I did and I don't even get paid for the cartoons I draw. When I get home tonight, I'm going to look for it.

This is the part of the post where I attempt to write funnier captions. Don't forget, this is a "business" comic for Wall Street Journal readers that is officially housed in the collections of the Harvard Business School Library assuring that future generations of MBA assholes will have no sense of humor. If you are the president of a major university and want to house a collection of my work, e-mail me.






And today's winner so far:


As always, I will continue to add captions to this post all day until I think of something funny. You are invited to help but you won't because leaving a comment is too much damn effort, bitch.
Note: There are a bunch of these cartoon rips so just scroll on down.

4 comments:

  1. Bob,

    Excuse the lateness of my comment. I played 18 yesterday with the Watergate Whiners. Nixon, Hunt, Liddy (just visting - the Big Red Guy has a special place waiting for the G-Man). More Mulligans than the St. Patrick Day parade.

    Howabout?

    Mistakes were made, you should have bribed my math teacher.

    Perhaps street vernacular like "greased" would be more appropriate, your call Bobby.

    The origin of the idiom is interesting. To grease (someone's) palm, 1581, from the Anglo-French "grecer," a derogatory term for a native Mexican.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,

    Thanks for the comment!

    How does somebody get to visit hell? I'd like to hack with you and the boys.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,

    If you have to ask how, you're not evil enough.

    Keep working on it!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely , Matt Groening is the most important person in the world of the cartoons, the Simpson is his prime work, I love it,! futurama is also good and Life in Hell is a classic!

    ReplyDelete