Wednesday, November 24, 2010

More Wall Street Journal Humor: Classic Slob on the Couch Bit

Another Post Courtesy of the Wall Street Journal - I kid Rupert Murdoch a lot when we see each other at the Friar's Club but his rag does supply an endless assortment of crap for my blog.

The Wall Street Journal has a daily cartoon called Pepper... and Salt that I really, really don't like. Apparently, rich Wall Street scumbags have their own unique form of humor that is not funny. Here's today's cartoon.

Not funny and written for shit. Why did the guy write "we?" Are the two women talking to us, the Wall Street Journal readers? If the straight-haired woman is talking to the curly-haired woman, it should be "I'm waiting..." It's supposed to be funny because a disgusting nobody can't possibly do anything worthy of human drama. Does anybody at the Wall Street Journal watch television? Reality shows are human drama performed by disgusting nobodies.

I have to admit that it's a pretty good drawing but I would have taken the time to erase all those errant pencil marks. I believe that an artist should have some respect for his work, especially if he's getting paid. Also, he forgot to finish drawing the guys arms and those picture frames. Lazy.

When you first read these cartoons you think, oh no, they're just like the cartoons in the New Yorker, I'm just too stupid to understand them. But after months of analysis, I've come to the conclusion that we're smart enough, they just suck, and they almost never have anything to do with business, or the right wing agenda of the Wall Street Journal.

This is the part of the post where I attempt to write funnier captions. Don't forget, this is a "business" comic for Wall Street Journal readers that is officially housed in the collections of the Harvard Business School Library assuring that future generations of MBA assholes will have no sense of humor. If you are the president of a major university and want to house a collection of my work, e-mail me, we'll talk.









As always, I will continue to add captions to this post all day until I think of something funny. You are invited to help but you won't because leaving a comment is too much damn effort, bitch.

6 comments:

  1. Bobby,

    While I admit that the original is not funny, your endless attempts at improvement are worse.

    How about?

    We're waiting for your dick to poke through the screen.

    Because the ladies like the penis and those poorly rendered boxer shorts look like a window screen.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,

    Thanks for the comment!

    Sadly, until the next season of Flavor of Love, no more Bristol Palin on TV.

    howabout?

    Ever since Bristol Palin lost on that dancing show, he rfuses to get off the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby,

    rfuses? Is that inner city jive talk?

    rfuses better than circuit breakers?

    How about?

    He worked two years at Goldman-Sachs so we're set for life.

    Because it is a cartoon in the Wall Street Journal and the guy looks arrogant while passed out in his underwear.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bob,
    How bouts: We're waiting for him to fall asleep to harvest his hair for another pillow tassel.
    too bad about Bristol huh? you can look through her 3 months on the show and seee that she put weight on week by week from the start. I think all the fame got to her, poor kid propably relieved to be out of the limelight.
    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike,

    Thanks for the comment!

    I agree with you about Bristol. She often seems uncomfortable and I actually feel sorry for her (which is not a good thing when I spend most of my time being mean to celebrities).

    I don't think that her mom is going to let her take a break. Any attention is good attention for a Palin.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill,

    A Goldman Sachs joke from you? Has all that rendering in the flames of hell softened you up?

    THanks for the comment!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete