Friday, December 5, 2014

Throwback Thursday - My Yearbook Photos

Bob Melonosky half hollow hills yearbook 1970's funny

That's me on the right.

I worked all year on the yearbook committee just so I could sneak funny stuff into it the night before we went to the printers.   Day after day, hour after hour, I slowly earned the trust of Mr. Rabinowitz. Until, pow!  Right in the kisser!

Bob Melonosky half hollow hills yearbook 1970's funny

There I am sitting next to Rabby for the Yearbook Committee photo. A fortuitous benefit of my evil and hilarious plan was the incredible horniness of those nerdy babes.  I made out with Lisa Levine and Angela Garafallo in the school darkroom.  I also completed an extremely rare (especially in those days!) Hauppage Humbucker with Vicky Bellami while printing out contact sheets in that same darkroom.

All these years later, the smell of fixer still causes an 8" x 10" enlargement of my telephoto lens.  Hey Vicky, if you ever read this, hit me up on facebook.  I  keep a bottle of fixer in my nightstand.

1 comment:

  1. Those are real cool bits of memories there. Glad you've kept those copies. Yearbooks are solid culture things, and we shouldn't take them for granted. They're like time capsules, except all easy, ready for access and profoundly convenient in every single respect. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!

    Walter Boone @ Picture This Yearbooks

    ReplyDelete