Thursday, February 4, 2010

Even More Wall Street Journal Humor - Dying Polar Bears

Another Post Courtesy of the Wall Street Journal - I kid Rupert Murdoch a lot when we see each other at the Friar's Club but his rag does supply an endless assortment of crap for my blog.

The Wall Street Journal has a daily cartoon called Pepper and Salt that I really, really don't like. Apparently, rich Wall Street scumbags have their own unique form of humor that is not funny. I have been studying this crappy cartoon for months:
No Child Left Behind
Dog Day Afternoon
Health Care is So Funny
My Weekly Foray into Highbrow Hijinks
Bitter Drinkers
"How to" Books for Those Less Intelligent than Most
Humor is a Bitch


And it has never been funny, not even a little... until yesterday. Yesterday's Wall Street Journal cartoon was dark, sick and funny. I'm thinking that the regular OpEd editor was out of the office and someone from the mailroom approved it.




If you watched the heart wrenching Planet Earth episode where the starving polar bear has to swim for weeks because global warming has melted all the ice in the artic, and if you cried like I did, when the polar bear finally finds land, is surrounded by 85,000 delicious-looking walruses but is too weak to catch one -- so he dies. Then this cartoon is going to make you laugh.

It's funny, right-wing, and exemplifies Rupert Murdoch's capitalistic philosophy. And it is drawn pretty good, the bears look like bears and the ice looks like ice. Normally, the drawings stink.

So, I'm going to do it different this time. Usually I write funnier captions but today I'm going to write the lame captions that should have been on the cartoon.



And now, for the first time ever in the history of Australian journalism, a funny Wall Street Journal cartoon!!!

lol...

3 comments:

  1. Bobby,

    When I woke this morning, it was all frozen over.

    Now, I know why.

    Howabout,

    "Evolve? We couldn't even get rid of these black noses."

    Because, they should have white noses.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,

    Thanks for the comment!

    What do you boys do down there when you can't hit the links?

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby,

    Nixon wants to play cards. Falwell wants to go to bingo.

    I think I'm going to eat lime Jello and watch the tube.

    Howabout,

    "Observe the mating ritual of the rare, disproportionately elongated, droop butt polar bear."

    Because they're not drawn that well.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete