Monday, May 18, 2009

Is Your Life Worth Living?


Everyday on my way to work I have to go over the Tappan Zee Bridge. And everyday I see that sign. And everyday it ticks me off. How the hell does the New York State Thruway Authority know if my life is worth living? They can't even fill a pot hole in a timely fashion.

Maybe my life isn't worth living. Maybe being stuck in God awful traffic because the New York State Thruway Authority doesn't bother to supervise the construction contractors it over pays has made my life a living hell.

The New York State Thruway Authority doesn't give a rat's ass if you off yourself. Just don't do it on their bridge. If the sign was truthful, like this version, I would have less daily agita.


Steve, from HudsonValleyEXXXposed.com, while too frightened to leave an actual comment, suggested this alternate sign during our 8:30 coffee break.

5 comments:

  1. Not only is the Bear Mtn far more scenic, it's also a great place to fake your suicide in the event of a failed business scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel honored that i was mentioned in your blog, now go and take a visit to the Bear Mtn. Bridge you DEEK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should write about NASCAR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea, Steve.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete